My job has a lot of perks. Namely, I get free beauty products. (I know, right? It’s the best.) However it has turned me in to a big of a, oh… how should we say it? Product snob. I have bins, drawers and baskets overflowing with all sorts of makeup goodies. Literally, the shelves in my closet are buckling under the weight. It’s bad. There are so many products I love (and probably an equal amount that I don’t) and I always love sharing my knowledge, so I thought I would share just a few of my must-haves with you.
1. Specific Beauty Daily Gentle Cleanser: I first picked up this cleanser by mistake. One of the very rare GOOD beauty mistakes (not like over plucking your eyebrows…yikes) I have been hooked ever since. I have sensitive skin and I’m breakout prone (pretty much a lethal combination if your goal is glowing skin). This cleanser is designed for multi-hued skin tones to help with hyperpigmentation. Obvi I don’t have multi-hued skin, but I love it because it is extra gentle and does not dry out my super-sensitive skin which means less breakouts. Plus, it leaves my complexion so bright. I use the whole regimen and I’ve even got my mom and sis using it, too!
2. BeautyBlender Make Up Sponge: Hands down the BEST makeup sponge around! A makeup artist friend told me it was her secret weapon and I picked one up the next day. The secret is that you wet the sponge before applying any makeup so the coverage is sheer and natural.
3. Per-fekt Body Perfection Gel: I am naturally tan about one month out of the year. For the other 11 I cannot live without this stuff! I just smooth it over my legs and they look instantly better. This is not a self-tanner, it’s more like a perfecter (hence the name). It smooths and adds just a hint of color and sheen. The steep price tag means I reserve for only special occasions, but it’s totally worth it.
4. Stella by Stella McCartney Eau de Parfum: My go-to fragrance. It smells divine and the roller ball makes it super convenient for my purse…and car…and office. Hey, you can never have too many!
5. Not Your Mother’s She’s a Tease Volumizing Hairspray: I used to swear by this stuff, but now the NYM is my fave. It has incredible hold without being stiff and sticky AND it’s about half the price of the other stuff.
6. Smith’s Rosebud Salve: Do you remember in My Big Fat Greek Wedding how the dad used Windex as his wonder drug? Well, this is my Windex.
7. blow Faux Dry Dry Shampoo: In my opinion this is the best dry shampoo out there and trust me, I’ve pretty much tried them all. Leaves my hair fresh and smelling amazing without leaving a weird, powdery residue.
8. Clarisonic Skincare Brush: Stop reading this and go buy one. Like, now. It’s a splurge, but worth every penny! It is perfect for sensitive skin because the exfoliating is not too abrasive.
9. Benefit Cosmetics High Beam: Just a dot on the temples creates the most beautiful dewy glow. Love this stuff.